LOS ANGELES, CA – The incredible ratings growth continues at FUEL TV. FOX Sports Media Group’s dynamic sports network for males was television’s fastest-growing cable network in May and for 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research.
FUEL TV recorded the largest year-to-year percentage increases in prime time and total day last month (compared to May 2011) and through the first five months of this year (compared to Jan. – May 2011) in its target audience of M18-49, total viewers and households, among all rated, ad-supported cable networks in the U.S..
The viewership growth in May was powered by 360 hours of Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) programming on FUEL TV, anchored by a live bout on May 15 that delivered the network its most-watched Tuesday and third most-watched show in its history. The 360 hours of UFC programming last month edges out the previous record of 340 hours in April.
FUEL TV May 2012 Audience Highlights:
• May 2012 was up +171% in Total Viewers and +200% in M18-49 vs. May 2011;
• Prime time viewership grew +280% on Total Viewers and +220% among M18-49 compared to May 2011;
• UFC on FUEL TV Fight Night on May 15 (UFC ON FUEL TV: THE KOREAN ZOMBIE VS. DUSTIN POIRIER) delivered the third most-watched program in FUEL TV history;
• The show peaked at 217,000 Total Viewers from 9:30pm ET – 9:45pm ET;
• May 15 was the most-watched Tuesday ever in network history;
• May 2012 was the network’s second most-watched month ever, behind February 2012;
• For the first five months of 2012, prime time viewership is averaging an increase of +218% over 2011;
• Since January 1, the network’s total day viewership is up +125% compared to 2011;
"UFC events and programming make for compelling television, which is clearly driving viewers to FUEL TV in record numbers, and it’s great to see,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. "I have no doubt that FUEL TV will continue to see this type of growth for the rest of the year.”
Extensive UFC coverage continues in the month of June, with FUEL TV telecasting the live Weigh-ins, Prelims and Postfight shows for UFC ON FX: JOHNSON VS. MCCALL Friday, June 8; and UFC ON FX: MAYNARD VS. GUIDA on Friday, June 22. FUEL TV also broadcasts the live Weigh-in and Postfight shows for UFC 147: SILVA VS. FRANKLIN II on Saturday, June 23. In addition, FUEL TV premieres “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil” to U.S. television audiences Sunday, June 10.
In 2012, FUEL TV telecasts more than 2,000 hours of UFC programming, with more than 100 hours of live fights, weigh-ins, preliminary bouts, and pre- and postfight shows. In this year, FUEL TV offers more UFC programming than any network has ever offered. Below are the April ’12 vs. April ’11 ratings comparisons:
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: http://www.fuel.tv/schedule/. For more information, go to www.fuel.tv, www.fuel.tv/ufc, on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/fueltv, and on Twitter at: @fueltv, #UFConFUELTV
To find out FUEL TV on your television, go to www.fuel.tv/getfueltv, or call 877-4 FUEL-TV.