Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2012
- Three wins by KO, nine by submission (2 guillotine, 3 armbar, 3 triangle, arm triangle)
- Nine first round finishes
- Owns first round submission win over UFC vet Joby Sanchez in May 2019
- Has won nine of his last 12 and two in a row
- Last pre-UFC loss was in November 2018 against UFC vet Casey Kenney
UFC 274 (5/7/22) Royval submitted Matt Schnell via guillotine choke at 2:14 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (1/15/22) Royval won a three round split decision over Rogerio Bontorin
UFC on ESPN (8/21/21) Royval was submitted by Alexandre Pantoja via rear naked choke at 1:46 of the second round
UFC 255 (11/21/20) Royval was stopped by Brandon Moreno via strikes at 4:59 of the first round
UFC 253 (9/26/20) Royval submitted Kai Kara-France via guillotine choke at :48 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (5/30/20) Royval submitted Tim Elliott via arm triangle choke at 3:18 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training because I was in love with the sport. I would train with my brother and I needed an advantage, so I started taking classes.
What ranks and titles have you held? BJJ black belt, LFA flyweight belt.
Do you have any heroes? My parents, Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz, BJ Penn
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means the world to me. I spent over a decade preparing for this moment.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Dropped out to pursue MMA
What was your job before you started fighting? I work as a youth service specialist.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Three amateur belts, undefeated with all first-round subs
Favorite grappling technique: triangle
Favorite Striking technique: uppercut