Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2009
- Has won nine of his last 12
- 17 wins by KO, one by submission (armbar)
- Seven first round finishes
- Owns 2017 win over DWTNCS 2 competitor Will Santiago. And wins over UFC vets Andre Fialho, Kenny Robertson and Matt Dwyer
- Split two fights with UFC / Strikeforce vet Nah-Shon Burrell
- Has also faced UFC vets Belal Muhammad and Forrest Petz
UFC 289 (6/10/23) Curtis' bout with Nassourdine Imavov was declared a no contest at 3:04 of the second due to an accidental clash of heads
UFC 287 (4/8/23) Curtis lost a three round unanimous decision to Kelvin Gastelum
UFC 282 (12/10/22) Curtis knocked out Joaquin Buckley at 2:49 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (7/23/22) Curtis lost a three round unanimous decision to Jack Hermansson
UFC on ESPN (6/25/22) Curtis won a three round unanimous decision over Rodolfo Vieira
UFC on ESPN (12/4/21) Curtis stopped Brendan Allen via strikes at 1:58 of the second round
UFC 268 (11/6/21) Curtis knocked out Phil Hawes at 4:27 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 2
Episode one (6/12/18) Curtis stopped Sean Lally via strikes at 1:37 of Round three
When and why did you start training for fighting? Started 14 years ago. I was bored and needed an outlet. I always loved to fight. I grew up on Streetfighter, Tekken, and Dragon Ball Z. These inspired me.
What titles have you held? Rocktagon WW Champion; CES WW Champion; Fight Night WW Champion; Premier MMA Championship WW Champion
Do you have any heroes? Apollo Creed
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It would be the first real step in realizing my dream. I want to be remembered forever. The UFC is where I can make that happen.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I went to the University of Cincinnati for contractual law. I decided to pursue fighting full-time instead.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked for a video game store. Adulting is not my strong suit.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Purple belt in BJJ.
Favorite grappling technique: Punching people in the face.
Favorite Striking technique: Also punching people in the face.