Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Shahbazyan vs LungiambulaRound2Time4:41MethodKO/TKO
Soriano vs LungiambulaRound2Time0:28MethodKO/TKO
Lungiambula vs BrundageRound1Time3:41MethodSubmission
- Pro since 2014
- Five wins by KO, one by submission (Armbar)
- Three first round finishes
- Has won seven of his last 12
- Origin of nickname: “Since starting judo at eight years old, I always won and was called ‘Champion.’”
UFC 282 (12/10/22) Lungiambula was stopped by Edmen Shahbazyan via strikes at 4:41 of the second round
UFC on ABC (7/16/22) Lungiambula was knocked out by Punahele Soriano at :28 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (3/12/22) Lungiambula was submitted by Cody Brundage via guillotine choke at 3:41 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (9/4/21) Lungiambula lost a three round unanimous decision to Marc-Andre Barriault
UFC on ESPN (1/20/21) Lungiambula won a three round unanimous decision over Markus Perez
UFC Fight Night (11/9/19) Lungiambula was knocked out by Magomed Ankalaev at :29 of the third round
UFC on ESPN (6/29/19) Lungiambula stopped Dequan Townsend via strikes at :42 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? Eight years old, when my father bought me my first gi. Then I started judo.
What ranks and titles have you held? Second degree black belt in judo, National judo champion in DRC and member of the National DRC judo team 2007, EFC undisputed light heavyweight and heavyweight champion (African Pro MMA Circuit)
Do you have any heroes? God is my hero.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It is a dream come true.
What was your job before you started fighting? Refrigeration repair.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Dragon Legends title holder 2012
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Voted Most Exciting EFC Athlete in 2017/2018. EFC Athlete of the year in 2018/2019
Favorite grappling technique: Morote Seo nage
Favorite Striking technique: Uppercut