Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2013
- Five wins by KO, one by submission (armbar)
- Three first round finishes
- Has won three of his last four
- Origin of nickname: “In my first MMA training session, I still didn't know how to defend takedowns, and instinctively I jumped back and did a very high sprawl, and it was very difficult to put my back on the ground. That's when my trainer said I looked like a cat - Willycat of the Thundercats.”
UFC Fight Night (10/1/22) Santos knocked out John Castaneda at 4:28 of the second round
UFC 273 (4/9/22) Santos lost a three round unanimous decision to Julio Arce
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2011. I watched a rerun of an Anderson Silva fight, and when I saw him climbing on the Octagon and celebrating, I wanted to feel that emotion, so I started training to be a UFC fighter.
What ranks and titles have you held? I was champion of the Fatality Arena regional event in Rio de Janeiro.
Do you have any heroes? Charles Oliveira, Thomas Almeida and Fedor
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It's the realization of a dream, the chance to show my potential to the world and be champion, to put my name in MMA history and be an example for many children and show that with dedication they can achieve their dreams just like me.
What was your job before you started fighting? I lived in the countryside and worked in the field.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 10 amateur fights and 10 Muay Thai wins
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Black grade in Muay Thai from Kickboxing Academy, jiu-jitsu purple belt