Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2016
- Three first round finishes
- Five wins by knockout, one by submission (RNC)
- Origin of nickname: “It means older brother in Tagalog, the Filipino language. I was called that at the gym and it just stuck because I saw a lot of the older boys in my as older brothers but they ended up calling me ‘Kuya.’”
UFC Fight Night (7/22/23) Culibao lost a three round unanimous decision to Lerone Murphy
UFC 284 (2/11/23) Culibao submitted Melsik Baghdasaryan via rear naked choke at 2:02 of the second round
UFC 275 (6/11/22) Culibao won a three round split decision over SeungWoo Choi
UFC Fight Night (5/22/21) Culibao won a three round unanimous decision over Shayilan Nuerdanbieke
UFC on ESPN (10/3/20) Culibao fought to a three-round draw with Charles Jourdain
UFC Fight Night (2/23/20) Culibao was stopped by Jalin Turner via strikes at 3:01 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training at the age of 15 to lose weight and gain confidence.
What ranks and titles have you held? BJJ purple belt, Hex Fight Series FW champion, DiamondBack FW champion and SuperFight FW champion
Do you have any heroes? My parents
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It is a dream come true. It means I get to show the whole world what I’m capable of and beat the best guys in the world
What was your job before you started fighting? Electrician
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? World Pankration gold and silver medalist. Urban Fight Night FW amateur champion
Favorite grappling technique: D’Arce Choke
Favorite Striking technique: Jab and straight right