Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2011
- Seven wins by KO, three by submission (2 guillotine, armbar)
- Has won seven of his last ten
- Last pre-UFC win was 18-second knockout of UFC vet Mike de la Torre in May 2018
- Seven first round finishes
UFC Fight Night (3/19/22) Vargas was submitted by Paddy Pimblett via rear naked choke at 3:49 of the first round
UFC 261 (4/24/21) Vargas won a three round unanimous decision over Rongzhu
UFC Fight Night (2/15/20) Vargas was disqualified against Brok Weaver at 4:02 of the first round for an illegal knee
UFC Fight Night (8/10/19) Vargas lost a three round unanimous decision to Alex da Silva
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training when I was eight and then I knew this was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
What ranks and titles have you held? Two MMA championships. 2 records: fastest knockout in Combate Americas, one 11-second knockout in Xtreme Combat
Do you have any heroes? My grandma and mom
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means being at the top of my career, and being part of the best MMA league means the world to me.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Yes, I’m an architect
What was your job before you started fighting? MMA coach and architect
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine
Favorite Striking technique: High kick