Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2016
- Eight wins by KO
- Two first round finishes
- Has won five of his last seven and two in a row
- Origin of nickname: “This name originated from my forefathers, who happened to be hunters. They led wild animals into ambushes. Due to their brave, fierce and violent behavior I decided to go by ‘Savage.’”
- Mini-bio – “I stopped college due to my mother being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease in 2014. I had to get at least two jobs to help support her and my older brother, who suffers from autism. Life has been one great journey so far, and now being able to fight in the UFC would help me pay off my mother’s medical bills even faster. I thank God for bringing me this far.”
UFC Fight Night (11/19/22) Nzechukwu stopped Ion Cutelaba via strikes at 1:02 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (7/9/22) Nzechukwu stopped Karl Roberson via strikes at 2:19 of the third round
UFC 272 (3/5/22) Nzechukwu lost a three round split decision to Nicolae Negumereanu
UFC Fight Night (11/13/21) Nzechukwu was knocked out by Da-un Jung at 3:04 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (6/26/21) Nzechukwu stopped Danilo Marques via strikes at :20 of the third round
UFC 259 (3/6/21) Nzechukwu knocked out Carlos Ulberg at 3:19 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (8/3/19) Nzechukwu won a three round unanimous decision over Darko Stosic
UFC on ESPN (3/30/19) Nzechukwu was submitted by Paul Craig via triangle choke at 4:20 of the third round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 2
Episode eight (8/7/18) Nzechukwu stopped Dennis Bryant via strikes at 1:48 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 1
Episode seven (8/22/17) Nzechukwu won a three round split decision over Anton Berzin
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training on the 12th of February, 2015, because I needed the money.
Do you have any heroes? My parents
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means a lot for me to be able to compete in the biggest promotion in the world.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I wasn’t able to finish college due to my mother’s ALS diagnosis.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was working as a bouncer and cook before I started fighting.
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine
Favorite Striking technique: Head kick