Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2013
- Six wins by KO, 12 by submission (9 guillotine, 3 rear naked choke)
- 15 first round finishes
- Has won 11 of his last 14
- Lost 2016 bout to UFC vet Robert Drysdale
- Origin of nickname: “It really should be ‘Superman Jr.’ because my dad is also called ‘Superman.’ Somehow, I ended up with it as well.”
UFC Fight Night (3/11/23) Spann was submitted by Nikita Krylov via triangle choke at 3:38 of the first round
UFC 281 (11/12/22) Spann knocked out Dominick Reyes at 1:20 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (5/14/22) Spann submitted Ion Cutelaba via guillotine choke at 2:22 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (9/18/21) Spann was submitted by Anthony Smith via rear naked choke at 3:47 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (3/13/21) Spann stopped Misha Cirkunov via strikes at 1:11 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (9/19/20) Spann was knocked out by Johnny Walker at 2:43 of the first round
UFC 249 (5/9/20) Spann won a three round split decision over Sam Alvey
UFC Fight Night (10/12/19) Spann submitted Devin Clark via guillotine choke at 2:01 of the second round
UFC 237 (5/11/19) Spann knocked out Rogerio Nogueira at 2:07 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (9/22/18) Spann won a three round unanimous decision over Luis Henrique
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 2
Week Two (6/19/18) Spann submitted Emiliano Sordi via guillotine choke at :26 of round one
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 1
Week Three (7/25/17) Spann was knocked out by Karl Roberson at :15 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training at 18 months old due to my older brother (by 10 years and 20 days) wanting to start Tae Kwon Do while my mother worked two jobs to provide for us. I’ve trained in several disciplines growing up (Six, although holding a black belt in none).
What ranks and titles have you held? Two amateur titles and one pro title.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? The ability to give my children what I didn’t have.
What was your job before you started fighting? I always trained full-time
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 9-1 record, two titles
Favorite grappling technique: Chokes
Favorite Striking technique: Kicks