Stats & Records
Fight Win Streak
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2017
- One win by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- One first round finish
- Lost pro debut, 11-0 since
- Holds 2019 win over UFC vet Erin Blanchfield
- 2-1 record in Invicta FC
Noche UFC (9/16/23) Cortez won a three round unanimous decision over Jasmine Jasudavicius
UFC 274 (5/7/22) Cortez won a three round unanimous decision over Melissa Gatto
UFC on ESPN (4/17/21) Cortez won a three round split decision over Justine Kish
UFC Fight Night (10/11/20) Cortez won a three round unanimous decision over Stephanie Egger
UFC Fight Night (11/16/19) Cortez won a three round unanimous decision over Vanessa Melo
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 3
Episode 6 (7/30/19) Cortez won a three round unanimous decision over Mariya Agapova
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training way before I thought I would ever fight. I did it more as a hobby. My coach saw my potential and the next thing you know, I did a few amateur fights and I went pro in 2017.
What ranks and titles have you held? I’m number one ranked out of 21 active women in AZ.
Do you have any heroes? My hero would definitely be my big brother, Jose Cortez. He was also a fighter and got diagnosed with cancer a few weeks after his fight with Drew Fickett.
What was your job before you started fighting? While still training I’ve worked a few jobs, one being at the gym working the front desk, as a personal trainer & teaching classes.