Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2013
- Five wins by KO, three by submission (2 RNC, Brabo)
- Four first round finishes
- Has won four of his last six
- Origin of nickname: “I was maybe 15 years old and me and my buddies were picking out nicknames and ‘Mayhem’ went well with Maness.”
UFC Fight Night (11/5/22) Maness was submitted by Tagir Ulanbekov via guillotine choke at 2:11 of round one
UFC on ESPN (6/25/22) Maness lost a three round unanimous decision to Umar Nurmagomedov
UFC Fight Night (9/18/21) Maness stopped Tony Gravely via strikes at 2:10 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (11/28/20) Maness submitted Luke Sanders via rear naked choke at 2:29 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (8/1/20) Maness won a three round unanimous decision over Johnny Munoz
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started at 15 years old after watching GSP fight.
What ranks and titles have you held? TKO 135 belt, Warrior FC 155 belt and Hardrock 145 belt.
Do you have any heroes? My parents, who have always sacrificed to give me the best that they could.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Not everyone gets to live their dream and I’m doing that in the UFC.
What was your job before you started fighting? Still working construction. Mostly roofing.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 145 Hook n Shoot belt, Hardrock 135 & 155 belts, Bluegrass brawl 135 belt and Throwdown in the Fort 145 belt.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Blue belt in BJJ
Favorite grappling technique: D’Arce Choke
Favorite Striking technique: Straight left